The American Veterinary Dental Society recently estimated that 80% of dogs and 70% of cats show signs of oral dental disease by age 3! The bacteria that builds up in the mouth can cause periodontitis, pain and discomfort, and bad breath. Chronic oral disease can even spread bacteria to other parts of the body, including the lungs, heart, liver, and kidneys. We use an ultrasonic scaler to remove plaque from teeth and have high and low speed compressed air dental drill units. We are equipped to do extractions as well as fillings and root canals.
Below are the products we carry in the clinic to maintain your pets dental heath after their cleaning:
Prescription Diet® t/d®
- Unique kibble scrubs away laden plaque in the mouth to promote systemic health
- Clinically proven to reduce plaque, stain and tartar buildup
- Reduces bad breath
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
- Awarded the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) Seal of Acceptance for helping reduce both plaque and tartar accumulation
- We carry small and large bites, as well as cat t/d.
Perio Support from Vetri Science
- Designed for use in between dental cleanings to help maintain clean teeth and fresh breath
- Formulated to help control plaque formation and support gum health
- Is an easy to use powder that is sprinkled over your pets food
- Can be used for both dogs and cats
- We carry both small and large bottles
- Significantly reduces plaque and tartar formation by creating an invisible barrier that helps prevent bacteria from attaching to your pet’s teeth.
- First cartridge is applied during your pets dental cleaning, and then followed up at home applying one cartridge per week.
- Comes in easy to apply cartridges
C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste
- Provides natural antibacterial action and inhibits the formation of plaque
- Helps freshen breath immediately
- We carry two different flavors: Vanilla Mint and Poultry